Terms & Conditions
TERMS, COnditions, AND POLICIES
Payments and Tender:
- 50% Deposits must be made before any work is started and for any mounting purpose.
- Some services must be paid in full prior to work being started. An example is customers who ship to us.
- To receive your mount(s), you must pay in full and have a $0 balance for the signed mounting agreement.
- By signing our mounting agreement, we reserve the right to obtain ownership of your mount until paid in full.
- All sales are final.
Accepted Tender and Buying Rules:
- We except cash in person and never though the mail.
- We accept all major credit cards/Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) LEARN MORE HERE
- I will offer the ability to pay online for specific customers.
- We will be using the third party software called Square so any and all invoices or receipts from Square please do not mark as spam or send to trash.
- Wholesale customers can be invoiced but to receive an invoice, a 50% deposit must be made. (Excludes shipping customers)
- We accept RED EYE GIFT CARDS for all transactions and for all services rendered.
- RED EYE gift cards are non-refundable.
- To save you money, we have discounts, deductions, loyalty points, and referral points. You can locate that information HERE.
Legal tender not accepted:
- We do not accept personal checks.
- We do not accept cashiers checks.
- We do not accept third part checks.
- We do not accept money orders.
- We do not accept gift cards from other companies or organizations.
- We do not accept trades for items or for hunts (although tempting)
- We reserve the right to accept or deny any or all tender offered to our organization by your person.
Among the RED EYE website you will also notice Examples of prices. These are representations of the process and do not solidify the actual cost for mounting your animal(s) with our organization. The below bullet points explain in detail.
- EUROPEAN MOUNT STANDARD PRICES shows a the price for skull cleaning and whitening for the animals listed on that page. If you have an animal we do not have listed, please contact us so we can update our website and give you a price. All mounting plaques, bolts, etc. are billed to you based upon the prices we pay for purchasing them.
- ANTLER AND PLAQUE MOUNTS shows a the price for skull cleaning and deodorizing for the animals listed on that page. Plaques are purchased and you are billed based upon the price of the plaque you are wanting. We do not force our customers into a plaque design or type, but we may make recommendations. Skull and Velvet Mounts are not eligible for service member discounts, referrals, or for the loyalty program. On the other hand, this mount type is eligible for a hide deduction. So please reference our how to cape page.
- CUSTOM WORK makes your mount stand out as an individual piece of artwork. We can customize your mount to look and feel the way you would like it to look. Please be understanding that sometimes there are limitations with what you can do with a mount. Our Prices for this mounting purpose will come at additional costs. Buying, finding, and creating custom attributes can take more time, and cost RED EYE more to produce such quality. You will be billed for such costs. We are fair with our prices and will always have your 100% approval before making additional changes.
- OUR PRICING MAY DICTATE BASED UPON THE FOLLOWING: what animal you are wanting mounted + mounting hardware you are needing/wanting + any custom work needed + any fees - hide deductions - loyalty - discounts = your price. These numbers are left blank in the website as we will negotiate a price based upon fair industry value and if products need to be ordered to fulfill your request(s). Please note, discount combinations are located within our website on our discounts page. We do not want to confuse anyone with our discount combinations so we are letting that page speak for itself.
General information, Returns, and Lack of Payment Policy:
- All skulls are processed in the order we receive them in.
- RED EYE will refuse work on an animal that does not have legal documentation or if the customer fails to provide the requested information. By law, the animal is not allowed to be held by us if the information on our mount agreement is not filled out. Each harvested animal must be tied to the individual person who harvested the animal.
- Estimated finish date does not mean "An exact date" and the date can be moved out upon the needs of the customer or RED EYE.
- Refunds are provided upon specific negotiations and will be negotiated on a case by case/customer basis.
- If you want a return payment or anything concerning a return, please call us at 812-646-1313 to negotiate the terms you are requesting. We want to do right by you, but sometimes it will not be possible to meet your terms.
- If you have a gift card with our point of sale software and you are late on your final payment and pic up, RED EYE reserves the right to apply that gift card amount to your final cost ensuring you pay off the remaining balance on your mount.
- RED EYE reserves the right to semi-permanently or permanently keep your mount in the following situations:
- Your animal is presumed to have been killed illegally; by law, we must notify your states Department of Natural Resources(DNR).
- You turn in a mount and DNR contacts us later to hold your mount for their investigation.
- You do not pay off your ending balance within 90 days after the notified finished date.
- You will be notified by the medium you choose to be best fit(email or phone).
- If you are not reachable at the negotiated "Best contact method", all other avenues possible will be attempted.
- If you do not answer, or do not submit a final payment within the said, "90 days" your animal skull and/or mount may be kept as a floor model or store decorations.
- Your current payments will be kept without return.
- You will be notified about this page upon signing the mounting agreement.
- We are willing to work with you if this may arise, but not past the 90 days.
- $10 dollars is added to every 30 days we have to store your mount, limited to 90 days of fees, equaling a maximum of $30 dollars as a late late checkout fee.
- Any depots you make are non-refundable up to the 50% required to start working on your specimen.
- Any work that has been started will be evaluated and a cost will be provide to you
- To obtain your specimen, you will pay the amount due after the assessment.
- There are no cancellation fee's except #8 above is required.
Additional Charges and Fees:
Skulls that are spoiled, infested with maggots are subject to an additional charge of $30.00 and may be boiled instead of letting our beetles get sick. There will not be any negotiations on this and you will be involved in making the decision to boil your spoiled head or to take your specimen elsewhere. (please do not bring deadheads into our office, we will come out to your vehicle)
The following is not included in the RED EYE standard price.
- Repairing broken or shot skulls
- crating, boxing or packing for shipment
- RED EYE does not pay for shipping or return shipping. That cost will be included in your quote.
This is why you must call us and let us know exactly what you are shipping or bringing into our shop. Text messages or emailing photos of your animal will help with quoting your project with us. It is always best to setup an appointment with RED EYE so we can evaluate your desired mount.
If your animal has any known diseases and they have not been reported to your Licensed state DNR program, and/or if you ship to us, an animal with one of the following; Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD), Chronic Waste Disease (CWD), or Bovine Tuberculosis we as a company will report it to our local officials. We will have to stop operations and have our taxidermy shop professionally cleaned, and a fee will be charged/and added to your account. Indiana has done a great job of keeping the diseases out of our state. RED EYE does not want to be the start of something in our area if we can stop it. If you ship a diseased animal to our shop, you will be notified immediately and we will figure out the best recourse or best actions to take.
- Currently we do not accept packages from USPS(post office). If you want to send standard mail through your mailbox(post office) that is fine, but packages are not being shipped to our doors from USPS. This finding is the reason for our temporary decision to only use FedEx, or UPS. Our county/township is in the process of addressing this for us.
- RED EYE is not responsible for loss or damage from storm, lightening, fire and flood or other acts of God, robbery, burglary or damages during the shipping to or from process.
- All Employees from RED EYE are exempt from lawsuit from said(#2) damages as pursuant for suffering or damages or any other tender; the pursuit of retribution must be taken up with the shipping company directly and in a lawful manner as long as the damage happened in their possession.
- Any and all damage(s) that happened during RED EYE possession the animal harvester (RED EYE customer) will be contacted. We feel that if we damaged the mount, we should do what we can to fix it. If we did not damage the animal/mount, it is the carrier and/or your responsibility. By signing the service agreement in our shop, you agree to these terms.
- Federal law requires that all packages must be clearly marked as containing wildlife parts. This can be easily done by marking packages “Taxidermy Items” or "Wildlife Parts".
- If you experience trouble with a FedEx representative accepting parcels containing raw heads, please refer them to the 2006 FedEx Service Guide, page 165, Prohibited Items #4 “Animal heads and other parts for taxidermy may be accepted but must be properly packaged.”
- Note that some staining will not come out especially if there was decaying on the skull for some time. Dead heads, majority of the time will have discoloration. There are things that can be done about it, but this comes at an additional cost.
- Upon Completion of your mount you will only have 30 days to fulfill your payment agreement or your skull(s) will be sold. There must be a legal reason why you cannot pay your debt/final payment to us. In that case we will abide by all laws.
- All rules and terms for the loyalty program are on that page.
- If your animal has any known diseases and they have not been reported to your Licensed state DNR program, and if you ship one of the following to us: Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD), Chronic Waste Disease (CWD), or Bovine Tuberculosis we as a company will report it to our local officials. We will have to sanitize our building, and a fee will be charged/and added to your account. Indiana has done a great job of keeping the disease rates out of our state. RED EYE does not want to be the start of something in our area if we can stop it. If you ship a diseased animal to our shop, you will be notified immediately and we will figure out the best recourse.
- Most States require that you remove the brains prior to shipping the animal out of state. Please follow these laws.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA")
RED EYE respects the intellectual property rights of others. Per the DMCA, RED EYE will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to RED EYES' Copyright Owner as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, RED EYE will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials and termination of access for repeat infringers of copyright protected content.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by RED EYE or by a third party who has uploaded materials to our website, please provide the following information to the designated Copyright Owner listed below:
1. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
2. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
3. An address, telephone number, and email address where we can contact you and, if different, an email address where the alleged infringing party, if not RED EYE, can contact you;
4. A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, or by law;
5. A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
6. Your electronic or physical signature.
RED EYE may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event RED EYE removes the allegedly infringing materials, RED EYE will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that RED EYE removed or disabled access to the materials. RED EYE may also provide the responsible person with your email address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). RED EYE EUROPEAN MOUNTS(RED EYE) designated Copyright
To have RED EYE conduct a taxidermy service for you, you will be required to sign our service agreement. Our service agreement is available only in our store. At the time of agreement, you will be offered the ability to take a photo of your receipt or an emailed copy will be sent to you. At the bottom of the service agreement there is a link to this page. By signing the RED EYE Service Agreement you willingly acknowledge our company policies and terms of service, and you fully accept this page as legal and valid for the rest of your current service agreements duration with RED EYE.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the RED EYE Owner:
RED EYE EUROPEAN MOUNTS (John Elpers)
License Number: 12064
Red Eye European Mounts